April 19, 2017 (BOISE, ID)– Skiers and boarders will have one last opportunity to hit the slopes at Bogus Basin. The nonprofit recreation area announced today that the Superior Chairlift (#3) will operate from 9:00am-4:30pm on Saturday and Sunday for a bonus weekend. The Superior Chairlift services intermediate and advanced terrain only– there will be no beginner or low-intermediate terrain accessible to guests.
“We are excited to make this happen as a special thank you to our season pass holders and the community for a great season,” said Brad Wilson, General Manager. “The coverage and spring skiing conditions remain very good on the backside of the mountain.”
On Monday, mountain personnel began clearing snow out of the base area, the first step toward a major enhancement project that will include installation of a mountain coaster, outdoor seating plaza, climbing wall, summer tubing, and other activities. Many of the amenities are scheduled to open to the community at a July 75th Anniversary Summer Kickoff Celebration.
Bonus Weekend at Bogus Basin:
- Super Chairlift #3 only, servicing intermediate and advanced terrain (no beginner or low-intermediate terrain is accessible).
- Operating hours will be 9:00am-4:30pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Pioneer Lodge will be open for full food & beverage service
- Simplot Lodge open for locker access only from 8:00am-4:30pm on Saturday and Sunday
- Midweek passes will be accepted
- Rental shop will be open from 8:00am-4:30pm
- Live music, featuring Soul Serene, outside Pioneer Lodge on Saturday from 1:00-4:00pm
- Tickets available for purchase at Pioneer Lodge & Rental Shop at Simplot Lodge Base Area
$25 + tax: Adult, Senior, Junior
$10 + tax: Child and Preschool
No additional discounts.
For more information, visit www.bogusbasin.org.