December 6, 2019 (BOISE, ID)– Bogus Basin has announced that seven-day-a-week operations will begin on Saturday, December 7th. As the nonprofit recreation area awaits enough natural snow to open additional terrain to skiers and snowboarders, runs that are served by machine made snow will begin operating daily off of the Deer Point and Coach chairlifts.
“We are ready and excited to begin offering weekday skiing and snowboarding to the community,” said General Manager, Brad Wilson. “The forecast looks favorable, so we expect to open additional terrain soon.” A strong storm system is expected to hit Bogus Basin over the weekend, potentially delivering up to nine inches of snow.
Another weekend highlight: Bogus Basin has teamed up with Snowboy Productions to bring BARRELy–an event– to the mountain on Saturday. On a terrain park built exclusively with barrels, local snowboarders will be challenged to get creative while jumping, riding, and sliding on the features. Registration is free for the snowboard-only event, and the public is invited to come up to watch the local talent from noon until 3pm.
Here is a rundown of operations at Bogus Basin beginning Saturday, December 7th. For more information and updates, visit www.bogusbasin.org:
- The Deer Point and Coach Chairlifts, and Discovery, Explorer, and Easy Rider Surface Conveyers begin seven day a week operations.
- Frontier Point Nordic Center will operate seven days a week, with 15km of groomed trails open for skiing, snowshoeing and fat tire biking on natural snow. Nordic Center hours are 9am-5pm on weekends, and 10am-5pm on weekdays.
- The Glade Runner Mountain Coaster will open for the season. Coaster operating hours are Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays from 11am to 4:30pm.
- The Tubing Hill is open for the season. Hours are Fridays 10am-4:30pm, and weekends/holidays from 9am-4:30pm. Advance online reservations are required at bogusbasin.org.
- The Simplot Lodge is fully open for the season.
- Pioneer Lodge is currently open for restroom and locker access only. Full food & beverage service will begin when Bogus Basin is fully operational.
- The terrain park is closed to the public on December 7th, for BARRELy, an event, and will reopen to the public and for seven day operations on Sunday, December 8th.
- Public bus service to the mountain will begin on Saturday, December 21st. For schedule information, visit bogusbasin.org.