Located 16 miles north of Boise, ID and 20 miles from Boise International Airport, Bogus Basin is the Treasure Valley’s affordable and accessible mountain recreation area. Carpooling is encouraged. During peak winter hours/dates, vehicles with 3+ passengers may access our priority lot. A free “Park & Ride” lot in downtown Boise is available for carpoolers during operating hours. On-mountain parking lot shuttles operate daily.
- Road surface conditions:
- Clear and dry. Clear roads, normal traffic.
1754 Bogus Basin Rd. Boise, Idaho 83629
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO THE MOUNTAIN
TRAVELING EASTBOUND I-84:
Take the City Center Exit onto I-184. Take the River Street Exit. Turn left onto 15th Street (heading North). Turn left on Hayes Street (heading West). Hayes takes a sharp right-hand corner where it becomes Harrison Boulevard (heading North). Go approximately 2 miles and Harrison Boulevard crosses Hill Road and becomes Bogus Basin Road. Continue up Bogus Basin road for 16 miles to the mountain recreation area.
TRAVELING WESTBOUND I-84:
Take the City Center/Franklin Exit. Keep in the left-hand lane to head into City Center on I-184. Take the River Street Exit. Turn left on 15th (heading North). Turn left on Hayes (heading West). Hayes takes a sharp right-hand corner where it becomes Harrison Boulevard (heading North). Go approximately 2 miles and Harrison Boulevard crosses Hill Road and becomes Bogus Basin road. Continue on Bogus Basin road for 16 miles to the mountain recreation area.
PUBLIC SHUTTLE SERVICES:
Weekend and holiday public bus transportation, provided by Cascade Student Transportation, is available for the 2022-23 Winter Season, beginning December 26, 2022. See details below.
SAFE WINTER DRIVING:
While Bogus Basin Road is plowed and sanded, your vehicle should be equipt with snow tires, 4-wheel/All-Wheel drive and/or traction devices such as chains or studded tires. You can help keep the road free flowing by using the slow vehicle turn-out if you have one or more cars behind you and not driving the road if your car is rear-wheel-drive, has bald tires, has summer tires, or is ill equipped for winter driving. If a car suddenly appears behind you, it is your responsibility to use the next available slow vehicle turn-out. The speed limit is 35mph and there is not passing lane. Do NOT pass cars!
If you get a quick flash of high beam headlights from behind, it is a polite request to pass. After a pass, if you get a quick flash of the hazards, it is a “thank you”.
During peak days and during extreme winter driving conditions, allot yourself extra time. Use caution if you stop to assist other vehicles. Pull over completely, turning on your flashers and use flares to warn other drivers.
SAFE SUMMER DRIVING:
Bicyclists use Bogus Basin Road frequently during the spring, summer and fall seasons. If you are a bicyclist or encounter a bicyclist on the road, please follow Idaho Biking Laws.
Public BUS TRANSPORTATION
Begins December 26th, 2022 for the 2022/23 Winter Season
- Public bus transportation to Bogus Basin, provided by Cascade Student Transportation, is available Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays
- $10 (CASH ONLY) for round-trip or one way tickets.
- Mountain bound/round-trip fares will be collected at the 750 Mountain Cove Road location.
- Town Bound tickets, one way down the mountain, may be purchased at the Simplot Lodge ticket window, subject to space availability.
- Minimum age to ride alone is 12 years old.
- Passengers under 12 years must be accompanied by an adult, age 18 or older, on the bus.
- Daily lift tickets are available for purchase to any passenger, on the date they use Bogus Basin public transportation, even when lift tickets are sold out. Bus receipt, from that day, must be shown at a ticket window to purchase.
- Appropriate behavior is expected.
- Space is available for one gear bag and one ski/snowboard per passenger.
- Passengers that have excess baggage and/or equipment that take up an extra seat space or ski storage space will be charged for an additional ticket.
- Seat availability is on a first come/first served basis only – No advance reservations. If you are dropping off a passenger at an in-town stop, do not leave the stop until passenger has secured a seat on the bus.
- All mountain bound passengers will have a seat available to them on the 4:00pm town bound bus that same day.
- Town bound bus leaves promptly at 4:00 pm, no exceptions. Allow plenty of time to load gear and get situated for departure.
- Schedules will vary due to passenger loads and weather.
- In bad weather, buses will drive slower and may be very late.
- In extreme weather conditions, please visit www.bogusbasin.org to confirm buses are operating.
- Arrive at bus stops 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- Do not go into buildings or stores in the loading area to wait for the bus.
- Cascade Student Transportation/Bogus Basin accepts no responsibility for lost, stolen, or damaged items or equipment.
- Cascade Student Transportation/Bogus Basin has the right to refuse service.
- If you have questions or comments about the bus, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Mountain Bound Departure Time||Bus Stop Location|
|7 AM||3047 W Overland Rd, Meridian|
|7:30 AM||3101 E State St, Eagle|
|8 AM||750 Mountain Cove Road, Boise|
|Town Bound Departure Time||Location|
|4 PM||Bogus Basin|
Bus schedule is subject to change
Bogus Basin has 6 public parking lots located at various locations on the mountain:
- Parking Lot #1 is the first parking lot as you enter the mountain recreation area
- Parking Lot #3 begins after the winter tubing hill and continues to the Frontier Point Lodge
- Parking Lot #4 is a ski-in/ski-out parking lot located off of the right side of Pioneer Road (at the 1st 180º turn)
- Buttercup Parking Lot is a ski-in/ski-out parking lot located off of the left side of Pioneer Road (just before the 4th 180º turn)
- Closes at 4:30pm
- Silver Queen Parking Lot is a ski-in/ski-out parking lot located off of the left side of Pioneer Road (just after the 5th 180º turn)
- Pioneer Parking Lot is a ski-in/ski-out parking lot located at the dead end of Pioneer Road.
- If you have your own equipment, please park in a ski-in/ski-out parking lot.
- A shuttle to and from Parking Lot #1 and Parking Lot #3 is available on weekends and holidays. There is no shuttle service to any other parking lots.
Priority carpool parking for vehicles with 3+ passengers is in effect at the front half of Parking Lot #1 from 9 am until early afternoon on peak weekends and holidays during the winter season. If you do not carpool with 3+ people you are welcome to park in the back half of Parking Lot #1, Parking Lot #3, Parking Lot #4, Buttercup Parking Lot, Silver Queen Parking Lot, and Pioneer Parking Lot.
Do your part to reduce traffic, environmental impact, and increase parking availability, by parking at The Fort Boise Park and Ride location and carpooling to Bogus Basin. The park and ride lot is located at 750 Mountain Cove Road and is available during Bogus Basin operating hours only. You do not need a parking pass and availability on a first-come-first-served basis. There is no overnight parking allowed.